Last night’s Yoga On Tap was dedicated to a special little boy and his family, who are battling against cancer. Xander at the age of seven was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The next morning 98% of it was successfully removed, leaving 2% embedded in his brain stem. He has 2 drop metastases in his spine and his spinal fluid tested positive for cancerous cells.
He recovered from surgery well, but very recently found out that the cancer is spreading to brain and spine.
Xander’s cancer is high risk, aggressive, and rare. He will have to undergo radiation, chemo and possibly more surgery.
Xander’s parents were in attendance and showed remarkable strength, sharing their story, and participating in class. It was an honor to take pictures for them. I was humbled by the presence and love shown from the Charlotte yoga community.
There were almost 400 people in attendance and the practice was inspiring.
Kyle Conti from Charlotte Yoga led the practice and encouraged everyone to make an X in their warrior and chair poses. Seeing this many people put up their hands for one young man was wonderful.
We were graced with a beautiful a cappella song at the end of practice.
Thank you so much to Denise and Brian who are wonderful parents and inspirations to everyone!
If you wish to donate to Xander’s cause you can help here: http://www.gofundme.com/xanderk
Best wishes and prayers to Xander and his family. Through faith, love and community anything is possible.
Much love to everyone involved in this event,